Sunday, September 30, 2012

What I think

Okay so there has been some talk about the similarities and differences between the Jakks dolls and Simba/Witty Toys/Smoby/Whatever Winx Dolls.I am here to give my opinion on it.

Here are some Images to look at. 



Witty Toys/Simba/Smoby/Whatever- Bloom 
Jakks- Bloom


















  I guess Rainbow wants the boxes to look similar. I'm sure they had permission to basically steal the other company's boxes. Honestly I think all of the things about Jakks making their shoes different because Simba has copyright on the dolls is just simply not true. If they were gonna sue Jakks it would be because they were also making winx dolls before they were sued because of the shoes. Also, Rainbow gave both companies permission to make the Winx dolls so the companies can't sue each other.

The back of the boxes are also very similar visit these links to see the back of the boxes

Jakks-

Simba- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7eX9dQaeNo&feature=channel&list=UL

11 comments:

  1. My guess is they just teamed up to design the packaging, and Jakks released products with it first because Simba/Witty/Smoby/what is this actually called?? had just finished releasing lines.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure what the proper name is! lol I think all of those names have been spotted at least once on the different boxes of the European dolls. And I like your theory about the packaging :)

      Delete
    2. Can I add you as an affiliate on my blog?

      Delete
    3. Yes, go ahead. I added you to the blog list on mine, haha. :)

      Delete
  2. I don't think having similar packaging is a bad thing, it makes it cohesive. By the way I love your blog, is it cool if I add it to Winx 4 Life's Winx Blog List?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think it's a bad thing either. I don't mind at all, it sort of makes them one even though they are different :)

      Delete
    2. And sure you can add me to the list :) Can I add you as an affiliate?

      Delete
  3. I don't think it's bad that they have the same pakaging, it's good that they feed off of eachother. Them, like Ella said, they're cohesive. The pakaging is prety anyway. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think it's bad either. Is that how I make it sound? Because I think it's a good thing :) Maybe I should add that to the article..

      Delete