Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Fly High All Around Part 2: Contact Jakks Pacific!

If you haven't already heard I have started the "Fly High All Around" Winx Club Doll Campaign on my YouTube Channel Sailoreric97 with BubbleGumMagic97 on YouTube. The Winx Club dolls by Jakks Pacific have been selling poorly lately and we want to change this! Please read about my previous post about #FlyHighAllAround here for more details if you haven't heard about it yet. 





So we know doll sales are low and as fans we pretty much can see the obvious problems with the Winx Club Doll line. Most fans have come to the conclusion that poor doll sales are a result of:
  • Poor Marketing by Jakks and Nickelodeon: It seems that Jakks Pacific and Nickelodeon really haven't been advertising Winx. Winx Club just randomly stopped airing on Nickelodeon and when the show was airing we weren't seeing very many, if any, commercials to advertise the show and let fans know when it was airing. Nickelodeon doesn't seem to advertise Nick much on their social media websites such as Facebook and Twitter. Without the frequent advertising  how can they expect people who aren't huge fans like us to stay updated? 
  • Too Many Blooms left on shelves: This is one major problem that no doubt hurt the line. Consumers were mostly finding Bloom dolls and when they wanted other characters, they simply had trouble finding them due to the rarer characters selling out fast. UPDATE: It seems that this problem may be being fixed. I was watching a Tecna Sirenix Doll review on YouTube and in the comments I asked the girl how many of each character she saw at the store. She replied to me saying she saw one of each girl! So hopefully this will be the new case ratio. 

  • Bad Distribution:  From what I've heard people were for the most part able to easily find the first releases---Believix, Concert, and Everyday Collections. But when it came to the second wave of dolls---Harmonix and City Style- some people still have not been able to find these dolls in stores. 



I also believe that Jakks Pacific could do a much better job promoting Winx Club on their Winx Toys Facebook and Twitter pages. 

Compare Winx Club to any of the other major doll brands out there. Mattel and MGA are basically killing Winx Club when you compare it with their marketing and advertising efforts. 
Take a look at some of Mattel's doll brands Facebook Pages:
Monster High:
Ever After High: 

These pages are active EVERYDAY and are constantly keeping fans engaged with questions, sharing fan photos and videos, doll reveals, and more.

YES, Winx Toys does post on Facebook every once and a while but not post nearly as much as Mattel does. I believe if Jakks started to run their Social Media pages like this that their sales would be higher and they would be keeping fans excited and engaged for new releases. 

So, instead of sitting here and wishing things would change-Let's email Jakks and try to get a response from their end. Let's tell them that we think they need more frequent marketing and advertising! We want Jakks Pacific to see that we still do care about Winx and we want to see some improvements with advertising and social media so even more people can enjoy the magic! 




The email we will be using to contact Jakks Pacific is consumers@jakks.com
I have emailed Jakks through this email before and I have received REAL replies. (Jakks Pacific won't be as hard to contact as sadly Nickelodeon was in Una Di Noi's Letter Campaign. Those who emailed their letters to Nick received automated replies. I have never received an automated reply from Jakks unless someone was out of office.) 

In your email remember to be kind and professional. Simply introduce yourself, explain your concerns, and ask if the email could be forwarded to the appropriate department (in hopes that the correct department would be able to see our concerns and possible make some changes.) 

I think the main concern of our emails should be the lack of advertising and marketing, but you may add whatever other details and suggestions you have, but I wouldn't make those the main point of your email.

Don't keep the email too long, be straightforward and friendly. Here is what I am sending to Jakks. Please use this only as a model to form your email if need be. Don't copy mine word for word. 

"Hello Jakks Pacific,

My name is Eric (last name). I have been a fan of Winx Club for a long time and I have always been a fan of the merchandise, especially the fashion dolls. It has come to my attention that Winx Club doll sales have been low. I have seen this information on the web in various articles such as this one:

I think this is the major reason why doll sales are low: 
  • Infrequent advertising/marketing-  I hardly ever see Winx Club commercials on TV from Jakks or Nickelodeon. Also, I think that the Winx Toys Facebook and Twitter Pages need to be more active. Competing doll brands like Monster High and Ever After High have a very active presence on Social Media which I think is helping Mattel to reel in more fans and consumers, while not many new people are finding out about the Winx Club doll line. Everyday on Social Media Monster High and Ever After High are asking fans questions, posting fan photos and videos, and having doll reveals. With new Winx Club lines coming out so soon, I think this would be a great time to start doing things like that. 
I also think some other reasons why doll sales have been low are:

Too Many Blooms left on shelves: Many people have only been finding Bloom dolls and not the other characters they want- Like Musa, Tecna, and Aisha. People have the Bloom dolls they want and can't find the other characters they want to purchase.

Bad Distribution: As an active fan in the Winx Club community I have heard that many fans have not been able to find Harmonix and City Style collections in their area. 

As a true fan of the Winx Club series I am very concerned for the future of the Winx Club doll brand. Would you be so kind as to forward this email to the appropriate department that could see my suggestions? Thank you so much for reading!

-Eric (last name) " 

My email did run a bit long in my opinion but it was to the point and only contained the necessary information. I encourage all of you to send emails with the same concerns so Jakks can see we are concerned and would like some changes. 

I have sent Jakks a bunch of emails, and even if you have already sent some, don't hesitate to send more! We need as many people as possible to join us! The more people that send letters the more likely Jakks is to act upon our requests! 

Let the FLY HIGH ALL AROUND email campaign begin! 

For more details about contacting JAKKS visit click here:

Please email us or leave a comment with any of your questions or concerns!
ericwinxfan@gmail.com







9 comments:

  1. Awesome, I've been meaning to send to them! One of their employees goes on my blog, so I've already got my foot in the door. My strategy is humanitarian-based. Pretty much, they can include a fair-trade item or donate part of the money. A lot of S5 is about the environment, so they could do a recycled plastic-type of thing, too. They could even work to do a fair-trade operation with their dolls, i.e. banning unfair methods in their factories and higher pay. There are also companies put up in Latin American countries that sell bracelets and anklets made by locals through traditional beading techniques. When I was little, I think Bratz did a deal with "diamond" jewelry, and these woven bead trinkets are the types of things little girls like. It sounds weird, but humanitarian products are a huge developing industry. For instance, Ben & Jerry's just switched to complete fair trade. Perhaps parents would be more willing to buy them if they jumped on the fair trade bandwagon. (And plus, it could help change lives in third-world countries!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are all great ideas but I bet it would be really hard to make those changes. What exactly are humanitarian products? Like products that are beneficial to people and the earth? Was the person you were contacting Desiree? I was talking to her too (I found her through your blog) and sadly she has been laid off by Jakks Pacific. Things have been rough there.

      Delete
    2. Well, that's too bad. Humanitarian products are essentially what you said. My ultimate goal would be to bring jobs at Jakks back to America, which is even more radical than my other ideas. At the very least, Jakks could donate a few dollars of proceeds to an environmental non-profit in honor of S5's message.

      But fair trade especially is skyrocketing in sales. A lot of people like it because it embraces cultural traditions (one company in particular, Rising International, is huge right now because of the fact that no two of their outfits look exactly alike, and are hand-crafted in Nepal) and also because it provides people with a fair living. It's a very interesting subculture, and I hope it grows even more. It's kind of a shrinking-globe effect where first-world citizens decide that all people, no matter where, deserve a fair life without having to worry about putting food on the table.

      Delete
  2. JAKKS did a good job with commercials when the dolls first came out... I even saw one on DISNEY Channel. And then all of a sudden they just dropped.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I strongly believe they don't advertise a lot. I mean there are a lot of people who have not even hear of winx club. Plus musa and tecna are part of the winx club too they should be in all the lines. For example the harmonix lin

    ReplyDelete
  4. I email jakks last month about this issue and they said thank you for the suggestions and it will be forward to the departments

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was gonna do this event of winx club toys 4 little kds but im gonna need alot of help and $$$

    ReplyDelete
  6. could i email JAKKS PACIFIC with my gmial?

    ReplyDelete