Monday, November 18, 2013

Winx Fairy School by Tsumanga Studios App Review!


Hey everyone! Today I finally have a new post for you guys on the awesome new #WinxFairySchool app by Tsumanga Studios, the makers of Winx Club Sirenix Power! Also, sorry for the long hiatus on my blog! I've been so busy this year with school and homework it's unbelievable! Thanks so much for the patient wait! You guys are the best! 

As of now Tsumanga Studios is in the process of having a select few beta test the Winx Club app for iOS devices and I had the opportunity  to test this app like I did for Winx Club Sirenix Power! You can read my review of that awesome app here. The beta testers are responsible for seeing how the app performs on their devices, giving suggestions, recommendations, and reporting any problems to Tsumanga based on their experiences so that when the app is  released it is the best that it can be! 

*All opinions in this review are mine and mine only, and do not reflect the opinions of Tsumanga Studios or Rainbow SRL.*

When you first open the app you are welcomed into the world of the Winx and get a look at Alfea college! You are greeted by Griselda and asked to choose your fairy name and choose which fairy house you would like to belong to! My name is Ericixx and I choose the house of Morphix!


 Registering for Alfea! A dream come true!

After selecting your name and house you are then greeted by Headmistress Faragonda and you are introduced to the game. The game interface is very clean and simple, it is very easy to learn where everything is and navigate throughout the game! 


The goal of the game is to complete different tasks and level up until you reach level 10 and become a Believix fairy! 


Now back to the interface! 
In your Diary you keep track of your quests and once you complete a quest you can check it off and receive hearts and diamonds. You can use the hearts to buy new things such as clothes for your avatar and furniture items for your room. The diamonds can be used to speed up spells so you can complete tasks faster. The number on the right of your name displays what level you are on.

When you finish all of the quests on a certain level you level up and become one step closer to becoming a Believix Fairy! 




Now lets talk about the different quests!  In your diary you can view your:
Quests- tasks/objectives you have to complete to eventually level up.
Treasures- you have to find treasures at the end of each level. I'll explain this more later.
Story- After you reach different checkpoints in the game new updates are added to your story. 
Inventory- all of the items and spells you collect and make throughout the game. 




 To complete your quests you will need to visit different classrooms in Alfea. Some of the classrooms contain teachers from the series, while other contain Winx characters! As you level up you unlock different classrooms to enter and gain access to new items to make to complete quests.  
One of the classrooms that game players will be visiting very often is Flora's Greenhouse! In Flora's Greenhouse players will plant flowers that they will need in order to complete quests, make potions, and spells! 





 There are a bunch of different flowers to grow in the Greenhouse! When you select a flower to grow it takes a certain amount of  time until it is done. When it is done growing you collect it and it goes right to your inventory.   Some of the flowers only require a certain amount of time to grow, but when you level up, you will need to have previous flowers in your inventory to grow new flowers that you unlock when you reach higher levels in the game. Winx Fairy school is a game that builds and builds upon itself when you reach a higher level. You will need previous items to make the newer ones. It will also take a longer amount of time before you can collect the items and add them to your inventory. The other classrooms in Alfea follow this same format. Now that you have a basic idea of how the classrooms and quests work I'll show you some of the other places you can visit in Alfea! 


Musa's Fairy Spells Chamber:


 Griselda's Magic Archive:


Professor WizGiz's Class: 


Aisha's Potions Lab:



 When you near the end of a level you receive a larger quest that you will need to complete to finish the level. During these larger quests you will need to find a secret object hidden around Alfea! These items are the treasures that I have mentioned earlier in the review! 




You may have noticed that throughout the review my avatar was constantly changing! That's because you have so many clothing options to customize your avatar in Stella's room! 

 You also get to have your own room to design and customize with different furniture, flooring, walls, and more! One cool feature in the game is that you can add friends and then visit their rooms too! If you guys want, you can add me as a friend when the game comes out! My user is: Ericixx

I hope you guys enjoyed my review of the Winx Fairy School app by Tsumanga Studios! I think that the app rocks and its a very fun game! Now I'm going to do a little summary of my favorite things about the game, and some things that I wish could be a bit different like Una Di Noi Winx did in her review.

Like:
  • Graphics: I really like the graphics! I think Tsumanga did a great job with this game and the designs. The different classrooms look great and so does Alfea college! I also really like the character models. The models aren't exactly accurate to the show with their huge heads, but I think the girls look very cute. 
  • Customization: I love how you can customize your avatar and room in the game! There are many cool options that you will be able to see in the actual game that you didn't see in my review. 

What Could Be Different: 
  • Too Easy: The game is really easy once you get the hang of it. The quests are a bit repetitive and I believe there could be a bit more of a challenge to the game. But, I'm probably not in the age range that this game is marketed towards. I'm 16 and this game is marketed towards a younger audience so it probably should be easier for someone my age. 
  • Limited Interaction: I wish their was more interaction between your avatar and the other characters in the game and the people you add as friends. It would be cool if you could tap on the other characters around Alfea and get a response from them. Also, I think a nice feature would be being able to chat with your friends or send them messages. 
  • Transformations and Fighting: I have wanted a new Winx game where you can transform into a fairy and fight villains for a long time. There hasn't been a game much like that since Winx Club: Mission Enchantix for the Nintendo DS. I think that would definitely be an awesome feature in this game if it were added. 
Overall:
  • I love the game and I think you guys will too! After seeing both Winx Sirenix Power and Winx Fairy School, I do not think that Rainbow could have picked a better partner than Tsumanga Studios for making Winx games! I also love Tsumanga's Social Media and Marketing efforts! They are awesome at keeping fans entertained, updated, and engaged! (I believe Nickelodeon and Jakks could take a few pointers from Tsumanga!) 
Tsumanga's Winx Club Social Media Links: 


What to Know: 
The game will be Pay to Play: Tsumanga hasn't announced how much it will cost yet but players will have to pay to download the game. Tsumanga has stated on Facebook why players will have to pay, and its for a great reason!

"we have decided to make the game Pay to Play (mid-core), that means the game will be better quality for everyone, have more features than ever before and be updated every month, meaning new and exciting content guaranteed."

"However, Winx Fairy School is a much bigger production and different type of game, so once our fans have purchased Winx Fairy School, they can play it from LV 1 to L 10 without paying another penny.

The game will cost money so Tsumanga can make it the best possible, and you won't have to pay another penny once you download it! Sounds pretty good to me!

Tsumanga has been working very closely with beta testers to make sure the game is the best it can be!  So everyone get excited for this Holiday season, which is when the game with be officially released! Show your support online with the hashtag #WinxFairySchool to show your excitement for the game! I can't wait until you guys can play it!























11 comments:

  1. Hey! I was wondering if the Fairy House you choose in the beginning affects your game at all?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ur so lucky to test the game out! does the company choosed you with others or you asked to be a Beta tester. I know that Una di nio also was a beta tester for the game. I'm so excited for the game to come out!
    (sorry abt my English, I'm a Spanish speaker and a English speaker but prefer Spanish)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wheres the first shard? Is it on the top-left corner of Aisha's potion lab? If so, Where is the lab? help :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. It doesen't work in current version :((

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please help...I can't find the first shard anywhere...what are the usual locations of the shard?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Please help... I have no idea where the fairy spells key is.

    ReplyDelete
  7. where is the 1st shard located

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can you rename your character after you start playing, or do you not know?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whats hapend when you get 10 lvl?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I cant level up my 2 level fairy to 3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi add me my name is Alice12

    ReplyDelete